These volunteers are required to work in contact with people with aphasia in their living environment. They support people by helping them overcome barriers related to communication. They offer their presence and empathic listening in everyday life. They participate in various activities to promote the social integration of the aphasic person, where appropriate and necessary.
The qualities of a volunteer caregiver
- A strong interest in human relationships
- Patience, empathy, openness, dynamism, autonomy, listening, flextime and availability, dedication to commitments.
- Medium to long term engagement (minimum of 6 months to 1 year) from 1 to 3 hours per week.
- Keep AQPA informed about the content of the visits to ensure proper follow-up.
- Learn and respect the code of ethics.
- Training on the basic concepts of Supported Conversation for Adults with Aphasia
- Support Material available
- Curriculum vitae & Presentation letter
Following the interview, we will ask for a judicial record check
Please send documents to : Friendship coordinator: email@example.com