Volunteer workshop animation varies according to the individual style of the volunteer.
The volunteer always has direct contact with participants, either with the entire group or with an individual, when a participant is having more difficulties.
- Room preparation (organization of the workshop material, coffee, etc.)
- Greeting the participants (helping them with coats, cane or chair)
- Assisting the Speech Language Pathologist, the teacher or the leader of the choir.
- Helping participants to follow the workshop, assist them in finding the pages, etc.
- Initiating conversations with participants, listening to them.
- Staying with participants while they are waiting for their transport.
Being patient, being able to pay special attention to detail, being a good listener, being punctual, being discreet, being efficient.
From 3 to 4 hours per week, on a regular basis.
- To follow the AQPA training session.
- To respect the AQPA’s Code of ethics
- To meet the AQPA’s Volunteers Coordinator on a regular basis.